Ethics at the STM
The STM has had a code of ethics since 1988. The current version was adopted by the board of directors on June 6, 2018.
- Employees of the Société de transport de Montréal and its subsidiary Transgesco S.E.C.
- Board members and external members of the various committees of the STM's board of directors
- Customer focus
- The Société de transport de Montréal ranks customer service at the top of its priorities and expects its employees to fully support this commitment and the directions taken to fulfill it.
- Safety is critical at the STM, and no compromise endangering safety will be accepted
- Serving clients with respect and dignity is another objective to which the STM is committed, and, to this end, employees must serve as its ambassadors in both their conduct and their attitudes. Employees must also be sensitive to the diversity and multiculturalism of the public served by the STM, and no form of racial profiling will be tolerated.
- The board of directors is responsible for adopting the code of ethics
- The STM's Governance, Ethics and Sustainable Development committee is responsible for studying needs, means, and optimal solutions in terms of governance and ethics and submitting its recommendations to the board
- The corporate secretary and legal affairs director, is the prime responsible in terms of ethics. He or she supports employees, managers, the board of directors, and board committees in this regard.