Maestro - FAQ
WHAT IS IT?
Maestro is a preferential status granted to customers who have subscribed to one of the following programs for more than twelve (12) consecutive months:
- OPUS à l’année
- OPUS & Cie
- DUO Auto+Bus with Communauto
- TRIO BIXI-Auto-Bus with Communauto
Maestro allows these subscribers to enjoy exclusive travel-related benefits.
You are not obliged to activate the Maestro status, and there are no additional fees.
What are the benefits of Maestro status?
Maestro status now offers the following benefits:
- Reciprocity with the Réseau de transport de la Capitale (RTC) in Quebec City. In other words, OPUS cards with Maestro status are valid for public transit in both Montréal and Quebec City at no additional charge.
- The option to offer free rides to friends from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. on week days and all day long on weekends when they travel with you by bus or métro.
Why is reciprocity only available with the RTC in Quebec City?
The RTC is only the first step. Over time, the benefit could be extended to other cities.
How do I know if I qualify for Maestro status?
All eligible customers will be contacted by email on January 8 or following the first day of the 13th month of their subscription. OPUS à l’année and OPUS & Cie subscribers may also view their subscription profile online at the respective Web sites.
Can paratransit service users with Maestro status take friends with them?
- If they use the regular bus and métro system, paratransit users with Maestro status can take a friend along in addition to their usual travel companion.
- If a paratransit user with Maestro status is entitled to optional assistance from a travel companion, the companion may travel free of charge during the hours the Maestro program is in effect. If a paratransit user with Maestro status has compulsory assistance status, he or she may also take a friend along free of charge during the hours the Maestro program is in effect. Paratransit users who are not entitled to assistance from a travel companion may not take a friend with them; however, they may still enjoy the privileges associated with Maestro status when using the bus and métro system.
CONDITIONS FOR USE
How do I activate my Maestro status?
At the end of the twelfth month of their subscription, eligible customers will receive an email inviting them to go to an STM service centre to have their picture taken. Their new photo ID OPUS card will be labelled "Maestro." With it, they can start enjoying their benefits right away.
Can I share my OPUS Maestro card?
No, these cards are personalized with a photo and cannot be used by anyone else.
How do I prove I have Maestro status?
To benefit from their Maestro status, customers must have with them their photo ID OPUS card with the "Maestro" label.
How do I renew my Maestro status?
At the end of their subscription, Maestro customers will receive an email inviting them to return to an STM service centre to get a new photo ID OPUS card with the "Maestro" label.
* Maestro status can only be requested once in a 12-month period.
Are there subscriber fees?
No, the the new photo ID OPUS card with Maestro status will be issued free of charge.
Is the Maestro status valid at stations in Laval and Longueuil?
No, the STM’s subscriber programs are not valid at boarding points outside the STM service area. Subscribers and their friends will have to pay their transit fares at those entry points.
Is the Maestro status valid aboard the 747 bus?
No, subscribers can take the 747 shuttle free of charge, but their friends will have to pay their transit fare.
Can I charge other transit fares on my Maestro OPUS card?
Other fares normally valid within the STM transit system cannot be charged on OPUS Maestro cards (STM or AMT fares valid within the combined transit systems). However, Maestro users can charge fares from other public transit providers that use the OPUS card. Subscribers who take the métro from stations in Laval and Longueuil must purchase magnetic cards charged with one-trip tickets to pay their public transit fares.
Can paratransit service users with Maestro status use their card in Quebec City?
Yes, the terms for reserving and using paratransit services are the same as when customers eligible for paratransit services travel to cities other than the one in which their client record was created.
How can I cancel my Maestro status?
If you are a Communauto customer, contact customer service at 514 842-4545.
If you subscribe to either OPUS à l'année or OPUS & Cie, contact customer service at 514 333-9815.