With the new Mascouche train line soon to start service, the Société de transport de Montréal (STM) has created three shared taxibus routes in the east end of Montréal island, the first in Rivière-des-Prairies and two others in Anjou. Service will be available as of next December 1.
Montréal, November 5, 2014 – With the new Mascouche train line soon to start service, the Société de transport de Montréal (STM) has created three shared taxibus routes in the east end of Montréal island, the first in Rivière-des-Prairies and two others in Anjou. Service will be available as of next December 1.
« The new shared taxibus lines are the result of a close collaboration with AMT and the boroughs of Anjou and Rivière-des-Prairies. The purpose of this initiative is indeed to make it easier for public transit customers to access the train stations served by the new train line, » declared STM board chairman, Philippe Schnobb.
The taxibus schedule will be synchronized with train arrivals to keep waiting times to a minimum, for passengers transferring from train to taxi. Service will be provided Monday to Friday, during morning and afternoon rush hour, with four arrivals and/or departures in each period:
- Gare Rivière-des-Prairies in the morning (6:06, 6:44, 7:26 and 7:56 a.m.) and in the afternoon (4:34, 5:19, 5:52 and 6:33 p.m.);
- Gare Anjou in the morning (6:12, 6:50, 7:32 and 8:02 a.m.) and in the afternoon (4:28, 5:13, 5:46 and 6: 27 p.m.).
The routes taken by the shared taxibus are as follows:
- The Faubourg Pointe-aux-Prairies line runs between the Faubourg Pointes-aux-Prairies residential area and Rivière-des-Prairies train station. The taxi service will also take customers to the first stop on the westbound 49 – Maurice-Duplessis bus line during morning rush hour for its 6:10, 6:48, 7:38 and 7:59 a.m. departures.
- The Gare Anjou – Secteur résidentiel Rivière-des-Prairies line links Anjou train station with the residential area surrounded by boulevard Maurice-Duplessis, avenue Alexis-Carrel, boulevard Perras, boulevard Rodolphe-Forget and the railway line.
- The Gare Anjou – Parc industriel line runs between Anjou train station and Parc d’affaires Anjou (business park) for workers in that sector.
Customers who want to use the shared taxibus must reserve their ride at least 40 minutes ahead of time by calling 514-352-6000 (COOP de l’Est). To pay for it, they must show the driver a valid STM fare card (see fare chart on STM website).
Timetable information about STM bus service is always available by telephone at the AUTOBUS number (514 288-6287), from the stm.info website or m.stm.info mobile site, by SMS phone messaging at 52786 or by using the iPhone and Android app.
– 30 –
Isabelle A. Tremblay
Direction principale – Affaires publiques
Société de transport de Montréal (STM)
Téléphone : (514) 280-4940