|Towards Honoré-Beaugrand||Towards Angrignon|
After the last métro, you can use the night bus service.
Frequency of departures
From 7am to 9am and from 4pm to 6pm
Morning, day and evening (non-peak)
|Week||Every 3 to 5 minutes||Every 4 to 10 minutes|
|Week-end||Every 6 to 12 minutes|
- Accès A - Pie-IX Est, 2705, boul. Pie-IX, H1V 3P1 - Elevator access
- Accès B - Pie-IX Ouest, 2700, boul. Pie-IX, H1V 2E9 - Elevator access
Around this station
The underground corridor from Pie-IX métro station to the Olympic Stadium is open.
Elevator access to the métro
Plan your trips around elevator accessibility across the network:
- Orange line: possible connection with the Blue line at Jean-Talon and Snowdon métro stations, and with the Green line at Berri-UQAM and Lionel-Groulx métro stations.
- Green line: possible connection with the Orange line at Berri-UQAM and Lionel-Groulx métro stations.
- Blue line: possible connection with the Orange line at Jean-Talon and Snowdon métro stations.
- Yellow line: no connection possible.
- Berri-UQAM station: only the Orange and Green lines are accessible by elevator.
Visit the Elevator access to the métro page to find all accessible stations
You can check the status of elevator service at any time by going to elevator service updates.
When travelling, you can ask to be accompanied by an STM employee to cross the gap between the platform and the metro car.
How do I get to the special shuttle in case of a métro service interruption?
Two stops are available at this station and the signs are easily identifiable since they are green, the color of the métro line they serve.
Due to the current work, SPS stops are moved to these locations:
- Eastbound towards Honoré-Beaugrand: bus stop 53088 located on Hochelaga, at the corner of Pie-IX.
- Westbound towards Angrignon: Bus stop 53086, located on Hochelaga, at the corner of Pie-IX.
Usually located at these locations
- Eastbound towards Honoré-Beaugrand: bus stop 60990 located on Pierre-de-Coubertin, at the corner of Desjardins.
- Westbound towards Angrignon: Bus stop 60919, located on Pierre-de-Coubertin, at the corner of Desjardins.
This shuttle is not free, the regular fare applies.
It is also possible to check these stops on the neighbourhood map displayed at the entrances of our stations.
Find out more about the station
Number of bicycle stands available outside the station: 56. First come, first served.
Before taking our public transit system with your bike, please read the Bicycles section for more info.
Architect: Marcel Raby (City of Montréal).
Opened: June 1976.
Origin of name: boulevard Pie-IX, named in honour of Cardinal Mastai Ferretti (1792-1878), elected as Pope in 1846, who took the name of Pius IX.
Did you know? Originally, the station's brick walls were supposed to be olive green.
Artworks: mural by Jordi Bonet, sculptural grille by Marcel Raby, mural by Marcel Raby and other mural by Marcel Raby.
Mobile network available at this station
|Local 97 Avenue-du-Mont-Royal||West||East|
|Local 139 Pie-IX||South||North|
|Local 185 Sherbrooke||West||East|
|All-night 355 Pie-IX||South||North|
|All-night 364 Sherbrooke / Joseph-Renaud||West||East|
|Express 439 Express Pie-IX||South||North|