|Towards Angrignon||Towards Honoré-Beaugrand|
After the last métro, you can use the night bus service.
Frequency of departures
From 7am to 9am and from 4pm to 6pm
Morning, day and evening (non-peak)
|Week||Every 3 to 5 minutes||Every 4 to 10 minutes|
|Week-end||Every 6 to 12 minutes|
- Sortie Jeanne-Mance, 1555, rue Jeanne-Mance, H2X 2J4
- Sortie de Bleury Nord, 2020, rue de Bleury, H3A 2J3 - Elevator access
- Sortie de Bleury Sud, 1990, rue de Bleury (No pet dogs allowed via this entrance )
- Sortie UQAM, 155, avenue du Président-Kennedy, H2X 1Y4
Around this station
Elevator access to the métro
Plan your trips around elevator accessibility across the network:
- Orange line: possible connection with the Blue line at Jean-Talon and Snowdon métro stations, and with the Green line at Berri-UQAM and Lionel-Groulx métro stations.
- Green line: possible connection with the Orange line at Berri-UQAM and Lionel-Groulx métro stations.
- Blue line: possible connection with the Orange line at Jean-Talon and Snowdon métro stations.
- Yellow line: no connection possible.
- Berri-UQAM station: only the Orange and Green lines are accessible by elevator.
Visit the Elevator access to the métro page to find all accessible stations
You can check the status of elevator service at any time by going to elevator service updates.
When travelling, you can ask to be accompanied by an STM employee to cross the gap between the platform and the metro car.
How do I get to the special shuttle in case of a métro service interruption?
Use the Orange line
To get around downtown between the Berri-UQAM and Lionel-Groulx stations.
If Orange line is also disrupted, three stops are available at this station and the signs are easily identifiable since they are green, the color of the métro line they serve.
- Eastbound towards Honoré-Beaugrand: Bus stop 52627, located southwest side of René-Lévesque, at the corner of Saint-Alexandre.
- Eastbound towards Honoré-Beaugrand: Bus stop 60683, located on southeast side of Jeanne-Mance, at the corner of De Maisonneuve.
- Westbound towards Angrignon: Bus stop 52553, located on northeast side of René-Lévesque, at the corner of Jeanne-Mance.
This shuttle is not free, the regular fare applies.
It is also possible to check these stops on the neighbourhood map displayed at the entrances of our stations.
Find out more about the station
Weekdays : 3:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
IMPORTANT : The opening hours of the fare booths in the station will be ajusted and extended if an event leads to an increase in ridership.
Equipment on site to meet your needs
Buy your fare or a new OPUS card (regular fare) at the automatic fare vending machine.
Use the telephone identified by this symbol to speak with an employee at the main entrance.
Use the telephone identified by this symbol only for safety concerns or in the event of an incident.
- Complexe Desjardins
- Le Directeur de l'état civil (sortie De Bleury Nord)
- Government of Canada
- Hôtel Hyatt Regency Montréal
- Musée d'art contemporain
- Place des Arts
- Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (sortie De Bleury Nord)
- Université du Québec à Montréal (Complexe des sciences Pierre-Dansereau de l’UQAM)
- pavillon Adrien-Pinard
- bibliothèque des sciences
- pavillon de Chimie et Biochimie
- pavillon Cœur des sciences
- pavillon Président-Kennedy
- Résidences universitaires Saint-Urbain
- pavillon des Sciences biologiques
- pavillon Sherbrooke
Number of bicycle stands available outside the station: 21. First come, first served.
Before taking our public transit system with your bike, please read the Bicycles section for more info.
Architects: David, Barott & Boulva.
Opened: October 1966.
Origin of name: Place des Arts, a large cluster of cultural and artistic buildings, whose main one, housing Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier, was inaugurated on September 21, 1963.
Did you know? Former mayor Jean Drapeau insisted on giving that name to the station.
Artworks: glasswork by Frédéric Back and mosaic by Mosaika Art & Design.
Mobile network is available at this station.
|Local 15 Sainte-Catherine||West|
|Local 24 Sherbrooke||West||East|
|Local 35 Griffintown||West||East|
|Local 80 Avenue du Parc||South||North|
|Local 125 Ontario||East||West|
|Local 129 Côte-Sainte-Catherine||South||North|
|All-night 356 Lachine / YUL Aéroport / Des Sources||West||East|
|All-night 365 Avenue du Parc||South||North|
|Express 465 Express Côte-des-Neiges||North|
|Express 480 Express du Parc||South||North|