All fare booth transactions (purchases and refunds) are debit or credit only.
Before your trip
Buy your fares online using an OPUS card reader.
From authorized retailers
You can purchase transit fare cards from points of sale located in various boroughs and municipalities in the greater Montréal area. Use the drop-down menu to find one near you.
It is now possible to find the authorized retailer closest to you with the help of the new location tool. On the main page, open the Map features on the right and tick the Authorized retailers box.
Please note: Reduced fares can only be purchased and charged on a Photo ID OPUS card.
Inside STM installations
Fare vending machines
- Payment in cash, by debit and credit cards are all accepted;
- Only for recharging OPUS cards;
- Only debit and credit card payments are accepted.
From station agents
- Payment by debit and credit cards are accepted.
Transit fare cards are not sold aboard buses. You can pay your fare in cash, but you will not receive change.
At the Montréal-Trudeau airport
Here are the fares available on the fare vending machines located at the airport:
- 24 hrs, All modes A
- 3-day, All modes A
- Unlimited Weekend
- Weekly and Monthly, All modes A, at regular or reduced fare.
- 4-month, All modes A
- and monthly All modes AB, ABC and ABCD fares.
Tips for skipping the line
- Save time and money by buying the 10-trip, All modes A fare. Each trip works out to $3.15 instead of $3.50.
- You can load up to four 10-trip fares onto your OPUS card at a time to ensure you don’t run out.
- Our 1-trip, All modes A, 2-trip, All modes A and 10-trip, All modes A fares have no expiration date, so you can stock up on as many as you like.
- If you have different kinds of fares loaded to your card, click here to see the order in which they will be used.
When you purchase transit fares, keep your receipt.
It serves as your proof of purchase, which may be useful to you if you have any questions regarding our customer service.