Current new fare rates since July 1, 2022.
Hold a valid fare
- in the zone of your starting point,
- on the territory of the zones crossed,
- in the zone of your end point.
1- Trip in Zone A only
For a trip starting on an STM bus line (Montréal: Zone A), including a correspondance with the métro, and ending at Saint-Michel station (Montréal: Zone A), you must hold a valid A fare for the initial and return trip, that is an All Modes A fare.
2- Trip from Zone A to Zone B
For a trip starting at McGill station (Montréal: Zone A) and ending at Montmorency station (Laval: Zone B), you must hold a valid fare on zone A and B, that is an All modes AB fare.
3- Trip from zone B to zone B between métro stations located in Laval
For a trip starting at Montmorency station (Laval: Zone B) and ending at Cartier station (Laval: Zone B), you must hold a valid fare on zone B, that is an All modes AB fare (an All modes B fare does not exist).
Buying transit fares in the métro
Use a reloading terminal to:
- Load fares onto your OPUS card.
Use a fare vending machine to:
- Buy transit fares on an OPUS card, non-refillable smart card or magnetic strip card or
- Buy a new regular OPUS card.
See a station agent to:
- Buy a new designated or regular OPUS card.or
- Ask questions and get help buying your transit fares.
Designated OPUS cards for All Modes AB, ABC and ABCD fares
For what fare?
All Modes AB, ABC and ABCD fares in 1-trip, 2-trip or 10-trip formats
- Regular fare: only available on non-refillable smart cards and designated OPUS cards
- Reduced fare (6 to 17, 65 and up): only available on designated OPUS cards
Please note that monthly passes can be loaded [JM1] onto either a designated OPUS card or a regular OPUS card.
How to get one?
You can obtain a designated OPUS card at these locations:
- STM Espace client
- Metropolitan ticket office and certain exo sales and service outlets (zones B, C and D).
This card is not available at authorized retailers or at fare vending machines.
You will receive this new OPUS card free of charge if you show an existing OPUS card registered in your name.
Within Zone A: additional mode of transit
“All Modes A” fares gives you access to our bus and métro networks and to exo train stations1 in Zone A.
Once the new REM (Réseau express métropolitain) is in service, REM stations in Zone A will also be covered by All Modes A fares.
exo train stations in the territory of zone A are :
Lucien-L’Allier, Vendôme, Montréal-Ouest, Lachine, Dorval, Pine Beach, Valois, Pointe-Claire, Cedar Park, Beaconsfield, Beaurepaire, Baie-d’Urfé, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, Bois-de-Boulogne, Chabanel, Parc, Gare centrale, Ahuntsic, Sauvé, Saint-Michel – Montréal-Nord, Saint-Léonard – Montréal-Nord, Anjou, Rivière-des-Prairies, Pointe-aux-Trembles.
“All Modes A” fares gives you access to our paratransit, bus, métro and train services in Zone A.
Click here to view the prices of paratransit fares, effective July 1, 2022.