iBUS: your bus schedule in real time
Real-time information allows you to be better informed at all times. It’s great for checking how much time there is before the next bus leaves your bus stop. You get a better estimate of your bus’s departure time, and you can track its location in real time.
Several information tools are now available, such as schedules on our mobile website, the Transit and Chrono apps, passenger information terminals and more.
iBUS: something for everyone
- More regular bus service
- Greater distribution of bus capacity
- More precise customer information before and during trips
- Better communication on network accessibility
- Increased safety aboard buses thanks to geolocation
- Integation of bus priority system at traffic lights
- Another step toward improved universal accessibility
- Unified view of network
Real-time implementation: steps completed
- Installation and activation of equipment in our buses
- Installation of a new generation of digital radio communication system
- Deployment of a new network-wide operations centre
- Implementation of information terminals: 26 terminals at busy bus stops and 64 in métro entrance buildings
- Real-time bus schedules on all our information tools
- Display screens and audio messages in each bus
- Bus locations available to users on our website, mobile website and the Transit and Chrono apps
Customer-focused project: learn about the information tools
You can review bus schedules in real time on our website in the Getting Around menu, under the Schedules and maps tab to obtain our most accurate estimate for your bus's departure time at a specific bus stop. Real time is also available under Useful Info: go to the Bus – Schedules section on the Networks page and select the bus line and stop that you want.
You can also select a bus schedule for a specific day, including updates for daily events or operational issues. Under Useful Info, go to the Bus – Schedules section on the Networks page and select the bus line and stop that you want. By bookmarking the results page, you can keep the schedule in the favourites list in your browser.
Would you like to view the departure times for buses at your stop for an entire week? Under Useful Info, go to the Bus – Schedules section on the Networks page, select the bus line and stop that you want, and click on "Week." You can print your customized bus schedule or save a copy on your computer or cell phone. The latter will be accessible at all times, even when you're offline.
Real time at your fingertips
Should you walk or run to your bus stop? Make smart decisions while you’re on the move thanks to real-time bus schedules available in mobile apps.
Searching for the right app for you? Explore all the transit apps available in the Greater Montréal area and their functionalities in this gallery.
The mobile site provides the same information as our regular site but has been adapted to be read on most mobile devices.
Receive real time bus schedules by text message 1
Dial 52786 (LASTM) and enter your bus line number and bus stop code in the message text (separate the bus line number from the bus stop code with a space).
You’re at a bus stop at the corner of René-Lévesque and Beaver Hall (bus stop code 52627) and you want to know when the next eastbound 435 Express du Parc/Côte-des-Neiges buses will arrive.
- Enter call sign 52786 (LASTM).
- In your message, enter the bus line number followed by the bus stop code: 435 52627
- The reply message will show the departure times of the next three buses on that line at your stop.
- Your telecommunications service provider may bill you for data transmission over its network: standard messaging fees and other charges may apply. Check with your provider and subscribe to a package, if necessary.
Call 514-288-6287 (A•U•T•O•B•U•S)
You can obtain:
1. Departure times of the next three buses in real time
2. A bus schedule for the next seven days
3. Departure times of the next three buses with a front ramp in real time
4. A bus schedule for the next seven days for buses with a front ramp
You will be asked for the five-digit bus stop code and bus line number.
You will find this code on the sign at the bus stop or by using the Schedules tool in the Getting around section of this website.
- De l'Église
- Du Collège
- De Castelnau
- Boul. Lacordaire at the corner of Henri-Bourassa
- De Chateaubriand at the corner of Jean-Talon
- Beaumont at the corner of L'Acadie
- Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges at the corner of Barclay
- Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges at the corner of Queen-Mary
- Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges at the corner of De la Peltrie
- Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges at the corner of Jean-Brillant
- Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges at the corner of Bedford
- Lakeshore at Cegep/College John Abbott
- Fairview bus terminal
- Boul. Henri-Bourassa at the corner of Saint-Michel
- Boul. Saint-Michel at the corner of Jarry
- Boul. Saint-Michel at the corner of Beaubien
- Boul. Saint-Michel at the corner of De Louvain
- Boul. Saint-Michel at the corner of Émile-Journault
- Bloomfield at the corner of Jarry Ouest
- De Liège at the corner of De l'Épée
- Dunkirk at the corner of Cornwall
- Sherbrooke at the corner of Benny
- Sherbrooke at the corner of Westmore
- Deserres at the corner of Grenet
- Boul. Henri-Bourassa at the corner of Saint-Denis
- Président-Kennedy Avenue at the corner of Jeanne-Mance
- Jarry at the corner of 22e avenue
Bus line number
Direction (North, South, East, West)
Bus line name
Bus at stop. Flashing bus = imminent departure
Real time displayed in minutes: time left before next bus departure
Time of next planned bus
Hourglass indicating delay because of traffic congestion
Message CONGESTION displayed alternately with bus line name when vehicle is not moving
Real time bus schedules are now available on digital bus shelters.
Where are these digital bus shelters?
Below is a list of all intersections where digital transit shelters are located
- Atwater / De l'Acadie
- Atwater / Du Bois-de-Boulogne
- Atwater / Saint-Laurent
- Atwater / Berri
- Atwater / Sauvé
- Beaver Hall / De Louvain
- Berri / Sauvé
- Berri / Henri-Bourassa
- Berri / Fleury
- Christophe-Colomb / Sauvé
- Christophe-Colomb / Legendre
- Christophe-Colomb / Côte-des-Neiges
- Christophe-Colomb / Émile-Journault
- Christophe-Colomb / Stationnement
- Christophe-Colomb / Crémazie
- Côte-des-Neiges / Émile-Journault
- Côte-des-Neiges / Jarry
- Côte-des-Neiges / Saint-Laurent
- Côte-des-Neiges / Van Horne
- Côte-Sainte-Catherine / Crémazie
- Côte-Sainte-Catherine / Décarie
- Côte-Vertu / Cavendish
- De la Montagne / Côte-Sainte-Catherine
- De l'Acadie / Villeray
- De l'Acadie / Bloomfield
- De l'Assomption / Faillon
- De Lorimier / Hudson
- De Maisonneuve / Jean-Brillant
- De Maisonneuve / Girouard
- De Maisonneuve / Hingston
- De Maisonneuve / Clark
- De Monkland / Beaumont
- Des Pins / Saint-Dominique
- D'Iberville / Saint-Denis
- Dorion / Saint-Michel
- Du Parc / Ridgewood
- Du Président-Kennedy / Bélanger
- Du Square-Victoria / De Vendôme
- Édouard-Montpetit / Saint-Zotique
- Frontenac / Beaubien
- Henri-Bourassa / Bélanger
- Henri-Bourassa / Beaubien
- Henri-Bourassa / Rosemont
- Henri-Bourassa / De Saint-Vallier
- Henri-Bourassa / Jean-Talon
- Hochelaga / Beaubien
- Jarry / Sherbrooke
- Jean-Talon / De Maisonneuve
- Jean-Talon / University
- Jean-Talon / Redpath
- Jean-Talon / Notre-Dame
- Jean-Talon / 3e Avenue
- Jean-Talon / Peel
- Lacordaire / Peel
- Langelier / Mansfield
- Langelier / De la Montagne
- Masson / De Maisonneuve
- Metcalfe / Peel
- Ontario / Mansfield
- Ontario / René-Lévesque
- Ontario / Robert-Bourassa
- Papineau / De Maisonneuve
- Papineau / Stanley
- Papineau / René-Lévesque
- Papineau / René-Lévesque
- Papineau / Bélanger
- Peel / Saint-Joseph
- Peel / Sainte-Catherine
- Peel / Robert-Bourassa
- Peel / De l'Hôtel-de-Ville
- Peel / De Maisonneuve
- Pie-IX / Saint-Jacques
- Pie-IX / De La Gauchetière
- Pie-IX / Belmont
- Pie-IX / Beaver Hall
- Pie-IX / De Bordeaux
- Queen-Mary / Amherst
- Queen-Mary / Notre-Dame
- René-Lévesque / René-Lévesque
- René-Lévesque / Beaubien
- René-Lévesque / Rosemont
- René-Lévesque / Saint-Laurent
- René-Lévesque / Saint-Antoine
- Robert-Bourassa / De Maisonneuve
- Rosemont / René-Lévesque
- Saint-Denis / Young
- Saint-Denis / Sherbrooke
- Sainte-Catherine / Moreau
- Sainte-Catherine / Amherst
- Saint-Hubert / Sherbrooke
- Saint-Hubert / Sainte-Catherine
- Saint-Laurent / Sherbrooke
- Saint-Laurent / De Maisonneuve
- Saint-Laurent / Sainte-Catherine
- Saint-Laurent / Hochelaga
- Saint-Laurent / De Cadillac
- Saint-Michel / Saint-Germain
- Saint-Michel / Langelier
- Saint-Urbain / Langelier
- Sherbrooke / Ontario
- Sherbrooke / Des Groseilliers
- Sherbrooke / Centre commercial Place Versailles
- Sherbrooke / Tupper
- Sherbrooke / Pont Jacques-Cartier/ Papineau dir. N
- Sherbrooke / Hudson
- Sherbrooke / La Rampe
- Sherbrooke / Union
- Sherbrooke / De Vendôme
- Sherbrooke / René-Lévesque
- Sherbrooke / Ontario
- Sherbrooke / Circle
- Sherbrooke / Du Trianon
- Sherbrooke / Atwater
- Sherbrooke / De Chateaubriand
- Sherbrooke / Pie-IX
- Union / Fleury
- Union / Marcel-Laurin
- Viau / Jeanne-Mance
- Viger / Lionel-Groulx
- Wellington / De Cadillac
Available on buses and in métro stations. You can also print out bus schedules using the Schedules tool in the Getting around section of this website.
Read the Infobus panel showing the planned departure times of buses at the stop.
Did you know?
In June 2015, this passenger information terminal was installed at the corner of Henri-Bourassa and Lacordaire for demonstration.
In December 2015, testing was done on the 32 Lacordaire and 144 Avenue des Pins lines, which involved announcing upcoming stops inside buses. These tests served to verify the sound quality, accuracy of information and performance of the data transmission system. Transit users took part in these tests by texting us their comments. Here are a few:
"The display screen is brillant: I never worry about missing my stop."
"It's a great idea to announce bus stops this way. It allows us to know where we are and it all looks quite futuristic."
"I really appreciated the bus stop identification, both visual and audio, especially because it's a new bus route for me."
You have been able to hear and see the next stops announced inside all our buses since the end of January 2017.
The solution chosen by the STM - a powerful, scalable, high-tech system - has been tested in other major cities, including York, Vancouver, Dubai, Oslo, Stockholm, Seattle, New York, and Munich. The contract for this technology was signed in fall 2012 with the German firm INIT Innovations in Transportation (Eastern Canada) Inc. It covers the purchase and implementation of a passenger information and operational support system, including new radio infrastructure and radio equipment for the entire fleet of vehicles.
Real time is made possible thanks to vehicle geolocation. By knowing the exact position of every bus on the road, it is possible to predict at what time the bus will really arrive at a bus stop and to communicate this information to customers in real time. This information is displayed in minutes and is available 20 minutes before the bus arrives at the stop (e.g. bus in 15 minutes).
Schedules updated daily take into consideration events or operational issues that may impact the network. You can check them on the day of your trip under Schedules and maps or from the Bus – Schedules section of the "Our networks" menu. Select the bus line and stop you want and choose "day."
Planned schedules: Planned times are the times a bus will leave as planned. They are modified four times a year and are perfect to help you plan your trips several days in advance. This information is shown in hours on all customer information tools and schedules (e.g., 13:14).
Available from these tools: Planibus and Schedules and maps when you choose a day other than the current one. Planned schedules are also available in the Bus – Schedules section of the "Our networks" menu. Choose the bus line and stop you want and select "Week."
Note that planned schedules are used by the YOUR TRIP planning algorithm when suggesting travel options.